Friday, June 27, 2008
We're heading off to the Greenwood Classic Car show (the one that closes down the street so that A-Muse Stamps doesn't have parking in front of their store), and off to Molbak's annual plant sale, and lots of other fun stuff. Our weather was glorious today - I drove around with the top open with my boss and a co-worker and we just marveled at how beautiful our city was... all afternoon. I'm in love with the beauty of our city today :) I was the driver, so I don't have any pictures...didn't even think about it, in fact. :(
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Are your kids out of school yet? Mine are - today was their last day. I only wish that they could be happy and spirited every morning! It felt good to know they made it through another year, and that my 16 y/o who has so many challenges, actually wanted to give thank you cards to his teachers!? We put Starbucks cards in them too - hopefully they will all enjoy some nice summer treats or lunch over there using the cards! AND, my camera is gone again...at least I know who took it (and who probably had it before...). I should have taken pix when I had it, huh?
Have a great Friday, everyone!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
The new SU retired list came out this morning!
Before it is gone, I want to get the hostess set called Spring Solitude! If there is a set here on the retired list that you want to order, let me know - I'll add it to my ever growing list of things to get so I can hopefully reach that $300 mark to get that darn set! I've missed it on Ebay several times...and no one has it for sale that I know of elsewhere :(
Happy Father's Day to all the fathers and men who take time to be that special man in someone's life! We're having my dad and mom over for a barbeque - great weather today (finally!)
Don't forget to email me if you want to order stamps - anything on the retired list below will be 20% off if you order from me and I can count it on my biggie order to get that hostess set! ;-) This is taken straight from the SU website, so if you want to see prices and page numbers, see www.stampinup.com ....
After years of providing us with stamping love, the following list of stamp sets from the Spring-Summer Collection 2008 are retiring. So, let’s give them a big send-off and wish them all the best as they begin a new chapter in their lives. But don’t wait too long–they’re only available through August 10, 2008!
To view the lists in different formats click here.
28 Forever in My Heart
28 Sealed with a Kiss/Scellé par un baiser
30 Never-Ending Joy/Un bonheur sans fin
31 Give Thanks
31 Peace to the World
32 Block Party
34 Snow Flurries
35 Festive Favorites
35 The Snowflake Spot/Flocons piquetis
36 Peaceful Wishes/Souhaits de paix
40 Eat Cake/Du Gâteau !
48 Be Happy/Être heureux
52 Dare to Be Darling
52 Greetings Galore/Voeux en abondance
56 Artfully Asian/Artistiquement Asiatique
56 Perennial Favorites/Favoris éternels
56 Tagger´s Dozen/À la douzaine
59 All Through the Year
60 Year after Year
62 Whale Wishes
64 Here, Kitty Kitty
64 Yappy Day
68 Sweet Thing
74 Elementary Essentials
86 Polka Dots & Paisley/Petis pois et cachemire
87 Polka Dots & Petals
88 Wild Rose
92 Bud Basics
92 Just Like You/Tu es unique
93 Two Cute
97 So Much/Beaucoup
99 Blossoms Abound
100 Noble Deer
100 Wildlife Reserve
101 Happy Camper
104 Touch of Nature/Au naturel
110 Background Basics
114 All in a Row
114 So Happy
116 Big Pieces
116 Little Pieces
117 Sweet Shapes/Formes sympas
118 Carte Postale
124 Office Accoutrement/Notes de bureau
128 Create a Coupon
129 Stamp of Authenticity
130 Check It Out
130 Property Lines
134 French Flair
135 Flannel Plaid
135 Print Pattern
136 Flower Friend
136 Word Search
138 Amazing to Zany
139 A to Z Accents
141 It´s Your Birthday/C’est ton anniversaire
143 Circle of Friendship/Cercle d’amitie
144 Much Appreciated/Grandement apprécié
154 All Monogram Lower stamps from A to Z
159 Best Friends Alphabet Lower
159 Best Friends Alphabet Upper
159 Best Friends Numbers
159 Rough Edges Mini Alphabets
And I have the camera AND memory card back!! Yippeee!! :)
Thursday, June 5, 2008
25 TIPS FOR A BETTER LIFE - 2008
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, "My purpose is to __________ today."
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?"
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals almost everything . . . and He can heal everything if it's in His plan. We just need to trust His bigger picture.
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: "I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished _________."
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. Please Forward this to everyone you care about.
Hugs to you all....hopefully a memory card is in my future this weekend! :)