Saturday, October 3, 2009

Crafty Secrets WCMD Challenge at Splitcoast


I LOVE WCMD! (WCMD=World Card Making Day). Over at Splitcoast Stampers in the Forums area there are challenges all day (and maybe even all weekend long)! One of my very favorite companies there is called Crafty Secrets. They're a sponsoring member company at Splitcoast Stampers....and they make the very BEST Vintage image stamps! I am IN LOVE, I tell ya! :)

So today their challenge was to make a card with Dimension. I chose the Craft Secrets set called Christmas Joy because I love layering the beautiful ornament images. They are designed to work together for multiple looks and can be 'decorated' in soooo many ways! There are just enough 'supporting' images in the set like a holly sprig, pine branch, and great sentiments too....see why I like it so much!? It's versatile, fun, and EASY to use!

Here's the card (you'll have to excuse the color and the warped panel image I so kindly shared in the picture -- it's not sunny here in Seattle so the grey skies make it hard to photograph things with any accuracy). Can you see where I layered the ornament? It's even got a little ornament loop at the top where I tied the sheer ribbon on (and the ribbon matches perfectly - not all dark and yucky like in the picture). The ornament is heat embossed in silver - look at the detail...it's lovely! Then I watercolored with SU inks on the ornament in Mambo Melon and my old Bliss Blue inks. Even the blue snowflakes are from the Crafty Secrets set! Great images, huh?

I hope if you're a stamper you do something fun today! I'll be visiting friends for stampin happiness later today!! But for now I'm off to make more cards! :)

hugs,
Elaine

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Hey sista..whatta gorgeous card!!! Are you going to the A Muse festivities tonight?

DeniseB said...

Very pretty! Love the ornament stamp.
DeniseB

Tammi said...

Oh wow Elaine, this is stunning!! Beautiful detail to it, love it!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Elaine!
Hugs and smiles

Yogi said...

nice card. Very pretty ornament