Tuesday, May 6, 2008

'nother new card to share


I bought some new SEI paper over the weekend and made this card. I love the colors. Don't click on the close up though...it's not very 'neat' and it's showing up rather pink. The true color is more of a coral tone. The paper is earthy and gorgeous! The little chipboard flowers are inked with old olive craft, dotted with pewter stickles and some bling that was colored with a salmon colored copic marker. The greeting is popped up though you can't really tell. It's been 'taken' by one of the card customers at work :)

I took my kids to the mall after work and blew a wad on spring things. Anyone else feelin the pain of teenagers who really need new clothes? My son isn't picky but has a hard time finding shoes for his wide, flat foot. $120 later we found a pair that fit. I was embarressed to see that he was wearing a pair that had tears in them. He'd never ask for new shoes - maybe hearing us tell him about poor people who have NO shoes is sinking in? We also bought some new t-shirts because he spilled a bottle of oil on his clothes and threw them all in the wash. They all smell horrible and rancid now! YECH!

Hope everyone had a great day!

8 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sweet card..love the colors! I hear you about the kids growing out of their clothes etc...yipes, $120 for shoes?!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Elaine and I love your DP from S.E.I. too cute!
I hear ya Elaine, I still have it a bit easy since mine are 10 and 11 yrs. old. I dread the teenage years!!
malieta:)

Maria said...

Hey Elaine!! Love the pretty colors to your card! The pattern is very and I love you awesome lay out!!

I have the same problem with my son. He wanders around a store not knowing what he wants. He is worse than a girl when it comes to shopping for clothes. LOL!!

Maria

Kelli said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog! The patterned paper I used in Kristina's color challenge (green/cream stripe with orange flowers) is by daisy bucket designs, it's from their fall collection called Sweet Mirabelle (if I remember right)

Allison Rankin said...

Ooh...I love SEI paper...this looks neat!

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, awesome job.

Corie said...

This is just adorable!!

Soguesswhat11 said...

wow, I really like the color combo, as well as all the elements. Love it!