Friday, May 2, 2008

Where does the time go!?

It's been too long since I've posted anything! We've had so much going on at work and at home. The Seattle Times announced an RIF about a month ago. Friday we lost about 200+ employees. Many of these people I have worked with for a long time, others for just a short while. It just won't be the same without them. Each person had something special to offer and I know they will be missed.

On a happier note, I took some cards in to the office that I had made a while back, and was shocked when ONE gal asked if she could buy them all.....NINETEEN of them. I gave her a 'package price'...and she told others and showed them the cards...guess what I have now..... ORDERS for cards!! YIKES! I have orders for 60 cards for people in the office. I have no clue when I will be able to make them, but if you have a great card to share that you think is easy to CASE, link it up here for me please! This is just what I needed in order to use up some of my stash of stuff!

I'm looking forward to a great weekend. Saturday was National scrapbook day, and I got to spend the entire day with my friend Debbie - we had another scrapbook safari. I had planned to not buy that much....well, things don't always go as planned, especially when it comes to scrapbooking stuff! What did YOU do on National Scrapbook Day? I hope it was something fun!!

Allison sent a great red, black & white card yesterday too. It included a wonderful little assortment of hydrangeas and acrylic baubles. The flowers were exactly the color that I needed and had been looking for at stores yesterday...and never found. I was so excited to see them last night when I opened the card! Thank you so much, Allison! You really are the BEST!!

And just when it seems things are going well, you realize a camera is missing. My camera to be exact. One of the mangy mongrels has taken/borrowed it and not put it back. Now that means I can't share any photos until it is found. It's bad enough that I haven't updated this blog for weeks, and now all I have are blabby words to post. :( Hopefully one of the kids will confess today so I can post a few pics!

Have a great day~

2 comments:

Risa said...

Congratulations on your orders Elaine!!!! Your creations are super cute and who knows where all of this may lead?!
I'm so happy for you and have a great week!
malieta:)

lialuvsblythes said...

Congratulations on the card orders, Elaine! I'm so happy for you! A great feeling to get a surprise validation like that, isn't it! Your colleagues have great taste!