Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Butterflies - I'm so proud of this one!!






I finally made something that I really like a LOT! It uses the patterned paper by K & Co. paper called Wild Saffron (which by the way was on sale for only $4.97 at Michaels - marked way down!) yay! The dark aqua is PaperTrey's Ocean Tides (ribbon and cardstock). I colored my own velvet ric-rack from May Arts using Glimmer Mist in a brown shade -it's sparkly! The little velvet flowers were also made from ric-rack and that's what I'm so happy about! They turned out just how I wanted!! That hardly ever happens! :) The centers are a glue dot with brown seed beads lined in silver - which makes them stand out and shimmer!

What fun it was workin on this one! Stamps are from Stampin Up - I broke out a 'new' set called Great Friend (bought months ago). I only wish I could find my linen thread to tie up those sad little naked buttons!

Oh wait...there's more~ I even dressed up the inside of the card! That's my other proud accomplishment. I hardly ever do the inside to match the front!

The hydrangea blossoms were spritzed with Glimmer Mist in Turquoise, Aspen Yellow and edged with the brown called Autumn Leaves.

I tried my best to show the sparkley shimmer from the Glimmer Mist, but that just didn't happen. Maybe clicking to make it bigger will help show off the lustre!?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun being inspired by so many creative people - from those on the Gingerwood Bulletin board to all the blogs that I scour from day to day - ones that show you how to use Glimmer Mist, Distress ink techniques, make their own flowers, add buttons (which I'm not so fond of but they're definitely growing on me), distressing paper, dressing the INSIDES of the card, and overall just providing me with lots of eye candy....Thanks so much for the inspiration!

p.s. that bright turquoise flower isn't quite that brilliant...it photographed in a different color for some reason!? It's not as dark as the other two, but this looks off....

8 comments:

paige said...

Oh my goodness, this is so stunning! I'm in awe of your card and all that went into making it.

~amy~ said...

good grief sis...I'm proud of you too...LOL...this is gorgeous!!!! What's the matter with nakey buttons? I don't have the patience to string stuff through them :) anywho's....lovely lovely card my dear!!!

Rose said...

Hi Elaine - Very pretty card! Love your blog, too! So glad I discovered your blog from your visit and fun comment on mine :) Thanks for playing in my Freebie Friday!!

Tammi said...

Oh wow, what a beauty!! So many lovely details and colors...pretty paper too!

Alexander said...

This is really pretty. Very stunning, it must be really hard work. Well done! :D

Hi I happened to surf past your blog and found that it is really good and interesting. Hope you didn't mind that I commented here.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Project Create said...

This is so beautiful...you should be proud! Great Work

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful! I love the soft colors and all of the details!!

Rachel Hope said...

WOWZA! I Love those velvet flowers!!!! Gorgeous card!