Thursday, February 26, 2009

Card Share 02.26.09


I'm on a stamping roll! I made this for a friend whose wife just had their first baby boy. The initial newborn photos look JUST like his daddy! I hope they enjoy these first few weeks of new baby life and savor his baby changes.

The base cardstock is SU's old Marigold Morning, then some purplish Bazzill that was run through the cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder is layered on in a strip behind the main image.

Stamp set is from Inkadinkado (from Ebay). Isn't that lion cute? THe rest of the animals are adorable too! I may have to make some extra cards just because! The greeting, "hooray! it's a boy!" came from a set by Rubber Soul. Nesties make the pretty scalloped frame, and an accent dot of the swiss dots in a bazzill green this time is on the upper left corner. The background paper is the DCWV baby boy stack, and the ribbon is SEI's Chickadoo line (last year). Spread some sparkly glitter over the lion's mane, and the card is done. Very easy, and very basic.

We got a beautiful layer of fresh snow EARLY this morning (I heard it started last night in many of the surrounding areas though). NOW the roads are almost clear - just a little slushy in my neighborhood, and the sun is out. It's gorgeous! I love the brightness and the way white makes everything look so fresh!

Take care everyone! I'm meeting up with a friend to buy passports for the Great Northwest Paper Chase...coming up on March 20th through April 4th I think...Is anyone else planning to go?

hugs,
Elaine

4 comments:

Denise said...

So cute!! Love your card.

~amy~ said...

SWEET card Elaine!!!!

Tammi said...

Adorable, I like how the front section of his mane is sparkly.

Julie said...

Cute card, I like that his mane is all sparkly