Monday, February 16, 2009

Spreading some card share love




Did everyone have a nice weekend? Hopefully you have some time off, today, for President's day too! I am off but not crafting much. I've got a case of "pink eye" (blech). I had an eyelash in my eye the other day and kept rubbing to try to get it out (I was on the road driving), but all I did was irritate the inside and outside corners of my eye. When I got home and could see it in the mirror it was easy to get out...but by then my eye was tender and probably already a problem.


I've been hanging out doing some cooking with hubby (perfect vision not required for that!). Normally he's the one that makes all of the fabulous meals but we did a lot of it together this weekend. On Valentine's Day we normally stay home for a nice meal with the kids, but decided to head out this year. We had Pho...one of my favorite asian noodle soups at Than Brothers in Lynnwood. They serve a delectable cream puff with the meal it was just perfect. (I don't even like cream puffs, but theirs are just soooo good I eat em up!)

I also made some cards that I wanted to share but with the eye thing going on, hadn't felt like trying to take pictures. I have a hard enough time doing it when my eyes are feeling good...but today I was able to take pics (and it's gorgeous outside though still cold) so here are the Valentine cards - late but at least I got some made!

The pink/black LOVE card uses a big canvas heart from Quick Quotes (I inked it up with some chalk ink to coordinate with the card). The black letters are nice and glittery Thickers and they're soooo easy to use! That little flower ribbon slider is from Maya Road...I got a BUNCH of them from their clearance sale - not sure what or where else to use them, but can't say I'm hoarding it if I really used it, right?

The aqua/red mini card was inspired by something that Kristina Werner did here: http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/2009/01/kwernerdesign-cards-on-etsy/
Hers are simply sweet...mine not so sure about how simple they are, but I like the colors a lot!

And finally the brown/pink card - it has the yummy BasicGrey cardstock and some new ribbon from the recent Making Memories collection at Michaels. Which reminds me I need to head out there and get more! It coordinates with so many other pink and black color schemes! ;-)

Enjoy the week everyone...I hope it's starting to warm up where you are. If not, hopefully it's at least a little bit sunny! Those of you in the warm 80 degree climates, I don't want to hear it....I'm just jealous.

Adios~
Elaine

6 comments:

Tammi said...

Yeah, my mom is in 80* weather, no fair! :) Sorry about your eye, it's awful when they get so irritated, take care.

Cute and pretty cards Elaine! I really like that heart on the one, that's pretty, and that mouse is just way to cute!

Stephanie said...

Hope your eye doen't stay sore for long :(

I love these cards - my fav is the one with the heart, it's goreous :)

Sounds like you had a lovely meal with hubby - food sounds delicious :)

Hugs, Steph xxx

Linda Beeson said...

Great cards! How fun to get some created! I really like that each one is so different!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful cards. The mouse card with the warm colors and the great heart card I love most.
Wish you a happy weekend,
hugs Anja

~amy~ said...

Magnificent cards!!! LOVE that Pho shop, they have one in Ballard that I like to go to {good & cheap too!}.

Julie said...

These are great, love the one with the big pink heart