Saturday, February 28, 2009

I did the Gingerwood Challenge today!


Ha! For once I was able to get something done the same day the challenge came out! YAY! It's been far too long since I've had time to sit down and craft WHEN I want, and WHAT I want. The challenge required using one of my old stamps. I know the Shamrock Fairy Bear is old, but I don't know how old. It's by Darcie's....and had never ever been inked. Can't say I don't make use of old stuff now! (So there, B Phillips!)
I used a Glorious Green base, then layered a panel of Green Galore that was edged with one of my new EK Success punches (I love them - they work SOOOOO well on cardstock!), then tied some green grosgrain on the panel. On the panel there's a Nesties Oval and scalloped oval with some Martha Stewart Glitter dots around the edges. On the white oval I used a bunch of the latest $1 stamps from M's...stamped randomly to make my own bg paper! Colored the bear with Copics, and then used a strip of scrap paper to stamp the shamrocks and it fit just right! The shamrocks are also old ...maybe as old as 15 years or more...and I bought them unmounted back then...and kept it for this long (again, I don't think it had ever been used!)

My kid is out washing my car today...maybe I'll put some green inside the card and tell her she did a good job (even though I will need to go out and re-do it...my kids are NOT good at washing cars). They grew up in their younger years in Santa Barbara and down there, you pretty much do not wash the car at home because the water is hard and it leaves terrible spots! So now they always ask why don't I take it to the car wash? That's how we USED TO do it, isn't it?! Um, no, we only did that because the water was crappy...and besides, I can't afford to do that up here! There are no decent cheapy car wash places in Seattle!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

E

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

check you out sista...a st patty's day card :)

Zoe said...

Hello Elaine, I love your card and I love the gorgeous image. Thank you for entering my birthday blog candy and good luck.
love
Zoe
xxxxxx

Unknown said...

Hey Elaine! Saw your post on my blog and got here from there:) Then I recognized this card from your post on Gingerwood. I love it. I'm an Irish girl and loved what you did! Yes, I love my Westies:) They are so cute and funny and always up to something. Maggie is 7ish and Ellie is two. We rescued Ellie from a puppy mill that's why her ears don't stand up. They had some funky infection all over. But she is a cutie and oh, so sweet. She'll just always look like a puppy. Glad I found your blog!

Tammi said...

This is so cute and fun! Great design and color!