Monday, February 4, 2008

Is velvet ribbon still 'in'??

I was at the gift show yesterday and am SOOOOOO tempted to order velvet ribbons! But they remind me of winter - and though they are great (PERFECT, I mean) for Valentine's cards, they don't seem like Spring-time embellishments (at least not to me). So, I am trying to decide if I want to go with an order of VELVET ribbon in all the colors or if I should stick with my original plan of the beautiful shimmery irridescent duo colors....or the beautiful stripes??


Also if you have a preference on width, what would you get? There is 1/4" or 3/8" or 1/2" and finally, 5/8" -- I tend to stick with 1/4" & 3/8" most (but not all) of the time.

What type and widths do YOU think is best? What is used most?

Have a great evening. It's really cold out (think 'threatening to snow cold', and 'wet' - I bet icy will be a better description in the morning though). What's the weather like where you're at? Hope you all stay dry and warm!

Hugs,
Elaine

2 comments:

Donna C. said...

I just bought some of the velvet rick rack in pastel colors from All That Scraps. Look really springy to me and great for Easter cards!!

Risa said...

Hi Elaine!
That is a good question...I have no idea. I imagine that velvet in spring colors is fine though. One of these days, i'm going to put together a tutorial for Copic's. Thank you for your lovely comments.
malieta:)