Saturday, March 8, 2008

the Great Paper Chase in the Pacific Northwest!


I want to share some fun scrapbook shopping that I started a couple weekends ago with my friend Debbie. We went on a wild day of safari scrap shopping. We hit so many stores that day and had a blast!

One of the scrapbook stores was selling "Passports" for an event called the Great Paper Chase that began on Feb 29th. The passport is a list of scrapbooks stores in the Pacific Northwest and at each store you get to make a commemorative 6x6 scrapbook page and get your passport stamped at each store. When it's all over on Sunday March 9th, you enter your passport into drawings for many different prizes.

I hit two of the stores close to my home got some great new mini papers by Jenni Bowlin, DCG, Rusty Pickle, and a bunch of fun things to add to my stash! Two racks of Prima flowers in little glass jars...they are just adorable!

I guess it was a good thing that I didn't order that $70 worth of Bellas yesterday. See, there was an email that Ms. Em sent off to one of her customer lists, and it was really only meant for the winner of a challenge. Since I had never entered that challenge, I assumed it was a spam/phishing email and didn't really think to use the '$15 awarded prize' for the challenge. Later I found out that Em was honoring the 'awards' that should have gone to the winner but went to out to thousands......I thought it was helping her business to have put in another big order (after all, I had just ordered a couple weeks ago when we got free shipping!) Others shared viewpoints that it was taking advantage of Em's generosity which I hadn't thought of. I thought I was helping her business by placing an order that was well over the $15 mark. In any case, I didn't place it. I decided I could add it toward my weekend of shopping during the Great Paper Chase!! So I burned it at the first store that I went to today....hopefully I will be able to show some restraint tomorrow and Sunday when Debbie and I head back out - we need to hit the other 14 stores in the passport list!!! What should I plan to get?????

If you've seen something great/new lately, let me know what it is!!

I've got a few new cards to photograph and share tomorrow....so I hope you stop back again this weekend! :) The card here is one I made a while back and it was in the computer and had not been uploaded. It uses the monogram sticker letters in the Michael's $1 bins. Easy peasy, super quick notecard!

hugs,
Elaine

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

I'll have to do the Great Paper Chase next year...Sounds like a ton of fun! I just never got my act in gear to get the passport etc...

Cute card!!

DeeDee said...

I love that you spent it all in the first store. :)