Monday, September 24, 2007

My first SCS Challenge card - DONE!


This was from a challenge last week (when I was on vacation from work)....

Though it was sunny, the temps are definitely cooling down! The kids keep wanting the heat turned up - I can't stomach another oil bill (the last one was almost 2 grand...yes, TWO thousand dollars!!! That is a lot of stamps ladies!

Anyway, this was for the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge SC142. I put some sparkle on it because I saw a blog this morning that said if you make a sparkly card and combine challenges you'd have two entries for her blog candy and now I can't remember where that was! Oh well, I had fun anyway! The stamp is from Memory Box - I bought it off Ebay at Anna's store. She ships very fast and has been really helpful!! I had not done paper piecing before, but this one had all the right colors so I did it! I used Copics for the beak and webbed feet, but they are hard to use in small spaces! I did my best. The background papers are from Flair Designs and Memory Box. Thanks for stopping by to see my latest upload!

3 comments:

Risa said...

This card is so pretty!!!!The paper looks just like water. You did a great job with this challenge!
You do meant Two Thousand dollars for the year right?....Not one monthly bill?
Malieta:)

deedub said...

You won the tickets to the crop! Congrats!!! I will call the store and have the reservation put into your name. E-mail me at dwshain@comcast.net so I can get a little more info from you.
Enjoy!!!
-d.

Jules said...

I love this card. I am jealous of those going on the cruise. I am sure my hubby would say, "No!" I am going to ask though at just the right time. Your blog is great. I haven't seen a card that I didn't like. Thanks for showing us your creativity.