Sunday, August 24, 2008

Battery shopping

Is on my list of things left to do today. I wanted to post some new cards while it was still sunny and nice out, but the rechargeable batteries are DEAD. They won't hold a charge either so I think it's time to get new ones.

We had quite a downpour this afternoon - right around lunch time. And then on and off again all afternoon. I took my kids to the mall (separately) to get some back to school items. COULD NOT BELIEVE how crowded it was! I'm telling you, it was worse than Christmas! GEEZ!!!! We got in and out as fast as we could.

We stopped at Tar-Jay too, and I found some cute stuff in the dollar spot. I'm going to see if I can spiff it up a little and it will be on it's way to a new owner that I hope likes bargain make-overs! I'll photo it before it goes out the door :)

ttfn~
Elaine

It is now 9:28 p.m. and the french doors are open, the windows are open (but screens are on) and it sounds like we might need to call Noah and the Ark....it's just pouring - I'll bet we've had more than 2 inches of rain today....August 24th - summertime (except not in summertime in Seattle).

1 comment:

Risa said...

I'm sorry to hear about your camera battery Elaine. I don't think they are that expensive but its just the inconvenience of the matter!
I'm all done with school shopping and I tell you, the mall was crowded here also....kids everywhere!!!
I love the sound of rain and I sleep so good listening to the pitter patter against my windowpane, however after a while everyone wants to see some sunshine.
Hopefully this holiday weekend will provide some needed sunshine for you guys:)
Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
hugs
risa:)