Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cards posted on Saturday night










My internet was out last night and today. In fact, the power was out for a short time too....Could it have been our 91 degree weather? I don't know. It was HOT outside though.
Much cooler inside. Cooler is better when you want to make cards. Cards using some new Stampin Up stuff! Yay!

I am a little disappointed in the new colors:
kiwi kiss, red riding hood red, and tangerine tango ...they look so close to what we already have or had. However I LOVE the new blue, Pacific Point, though and the Pink Pirouette! And the stamps that are already die cut! It's a lot easier to actually get the stamps out and USE them right away! :) And with Baja Breeze we could have kept the Cool Carribbean color and I'd have been happy. I realize they ARE different, but not THAT much!

Here are my cards to share for today:

I used the wider green grosgrain to make a bow that my mom used to put on our Christmas packages when we were little. I've always loved that style of bow! The two 'dots' on either side of the sentiment are olive green rhinestones...not that sparkly but what can I say - they were cheap.


The red/pink/chocolate card is really off in the photo. The colors are not
right and I didn't even notice until just
now...the 2nd picture with the close up shows the color a bit more accurately.

What have YOU made with YOUR new Stampin Up stuff? Do y'all like what the new catalog has to offer?

I sure do! :)

Take care and have a great rest of the weekend!

hugs,
Elaine

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sweet cards Elaine! That stinks that your power was out....I'm not diggin' this weather...keep going over to my mom's because she has a/c.

Risa said...

Your cards are beautiful Elaine!
I'm sorry to hear that you lost some of your power..what a bummer!
So far this summer (I'm knocking on wood right now!) we haven't lost any power due to storms or some idiot hitting a major power line. So far.....:)
Take care and have a great day
hugs
Risa:)

deb said...

So sweet! Love those scallops!!