Sunday, August 31, 2008

The busy week has come to an end




This past week was crazy busy. Took me until today to get out to buy batteries for my camera. I spent some time with my very good friend whose husband suddenly passed away. She was actually divorced from him but they were still very very close. She found him in his house after his co-workers had not heard from him for a couple days. I cannot imagine how devastating that would be for me if I were in her shoes.

Friday I spent the evening with my stamping friend Jill. We usually go to the Farmer's Market together and bask in the summer sun. I met lots of her stamping friends on Friday and we feasted like pigs on all sorts of delightful treats. I started some cards but as usual, did not get to finish anything.

Saturday night our neighbors took us to one of the best steak places in town- Daniel's. It's right on the water at Lake Union near my work. These are the neighbors who had moved away to France a couple years ago, then came back because there were just too many things going wrong over there. We never got to visit them in their french chateau from the 1700's, but that's ok because last night they invited us to go with them in the spring! So, we are planning a wonderful, romantic trip to PARIS in the spring! :) Yippeee ki-yay! I have never even been out of the country except to Canada so it will be very exciting!

I've got a few pictures of cards that I made before the battery died.

All the stamps are from SU, but the baubles are from the Robin's Nest (dewdrops), and the rhinestones are from a share that I found on a blog. And the ribbon on the blue/brown/white card is from American Crafts.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

hugs,
Elaine

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Elaine, sounds like you have been VERY busy...so sorry to hear about your friend...that would be devastating. LOVE your cards!!!! We gotta meet up one of these days....seriously....did you get your mini yet?

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh my gosh.. I was right there near you!!! lol what a small world

Corie said...

These are FANTASTIC

Diane Noble said...

Elaine, I love all of these cards. They are gorgeous!